Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have to say these are the best Chocolate Chip Cookies I have ever made in my life! I have been baking them for ten years now and have had no complaints just moans and groans about how these are the BEST chocolate chip cookies I have ever had.  So now because I love you all so much I thought I would share this recipe.......and it came from the one and only MARTHA STEWART.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
*makes about 3 dozen*
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup of butter(room temp)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 large whole egg and 1 large egg white
12 ounces of chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.  In a medium bowl, whisk together four, baking soda and salt; set aside.  In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about three minutes, scraping down the sides when needed.
2.  Add vanilla, whole egg and egg white. beat on low speed until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, about one minute.  Add the flour mixture in two batches; mix until just combined.  Mix in chocolate chips.
3. Shape 2 heaping tablespoons of dough at at time into balls.  bake, rotating sheets halfway thought, until cookies are golden brown about 15 minutes or longer.  Once they are done cool them on a rack.  Cookies can stay at room temperature for 4 days. 
*Some tips*
I usually freeze the dough in ball form so we can have fresh cookies when we want them.  Just freeze them on a cookie sheet first then transfer to a zip lock bag once they are firm.
You can add white chocolate chips to this which is my favorite
I hope you and your family enjoy these puppies as much as we do! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment